Trouble with envelopes using MS Access database

valbv 23:06 13 Dec 2008

I Use Windows XP Home edition. I have created a database of addresses in MS Access (part of Miscrosoft Office 97 Profession Edition).
I want to print the addresses on envelopes. I cannot find a reference to envelopes, and the only option that seems to suit is Labels under Reports. I have set the fields correctly and can produce the address as required on page setting C6 size.
However when I open this Report file, each address is followed by nine blanks. I.E. using the indicator/selector at the foot of the screen the first one appears on number 1, and the next address appears on number 10, the next on number 19 and so on. I can use this and set the printer range to just print the page but it is long winded. The 50+ addresses produce about 400 pages if I select print all. A Long time ago I used to be able to find and use Mail Merge but I have forgotten where I found it and how I did it. Can anyone help me please.

Sea Urchin 23:14 13 Dec 2008

You need to merge your database with a Word document - go to Tools/Envelopes/Mail Merge and follow wizard

valbv 10:47 14 Dec 2008

Many thanks Sea Urchin for your prompt reply. Have now sorted it though I found that it required me to use Word from the '97' disc. It didn't like Word in MS Works.

Sea Urchin 13:39 14 Dec 2008

Glad to hear it is sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017