Trouble editing OCR document

Trikie 13:34 16 Jul 2009

I've scanned a document with ABBY Fine Reader 5.0 and want to edit it by breaking some long solid paragraph instructions into separate lines.

The original document is single line spacing but whenever I insert the new line command it goes to double line. Format-Paragraph-Spacing shows single even in the areas where I have created new lines that are double spaced.

I've tried copying into a new document but although it copies as single line it still goes double when I use the new line key.

I'm using Works 6.0.

woodchip 14:05 16 Jul 2009

why not first resave in a different format may be ANSI, then try editing that

PS it would be easy in WordPerfect as I can use Reveal codes, and could remove Formating as needed

woodchip 14:07 16 Jul 2009

If its not Personal, you could post it to me and see if I could remove the Formating to your needs after you save as ANSI so that I can read it

Trikie 14:19 16 Jul 2009

Thanks Woodchip. I'd like to take up your kind offer but how do I save as ANSI - it's not on the list of alternative formats in Works.

woodchip 15:05 16 Jul 2009

Open it in your word processor, then go to File top left under Save As you will see a drop down choose ANSI from list

Trikie 15:20 16 Jul 2009

The only formats in the dropdown memnu are wps, rtf, csv, htm, html, htx, doc, docc and docx.

Have tried searching for a separate conversion programme but can't find anything that looks suitable.

woodchip 21:36 16 Jul 2009

try rtf. it may read it after you send it

woodchip 21:39 16 Jul 2009

just had a look in WordPerfect, yes rtf is okay for reading. I will send my Mail Address so you can send as attachment. and a copy of this.

Trikie 23:36 16 Jul 2009

Thanks woodchip. Not sure what I did but it has now decided to give me single line spacing so the problem has gone away (I can't claim to have solved it!)

Many thanks for your offer to help.

woodchip 09:46 17 Jul 2009

okay so you sorted it, so that saved some time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone