trouble connecting Fujitsu siemans laptop to net

biffersx 22:14 12 Feb 2008

Hello,
Please can someone help! My laptop has built in wireless system but when I try to connect to the wireless router at home it says I have full connection but when I type in the password to connect it says it can’t connect, but I don't know why not.

I can connect to a wireless connection if it doesn’t have a security code but if it does then I just can’t connect! Does anyone know why?? The code is defiantly right because it worked on all my housemate’s laptops!

please help!

Ashrich 22:21 12 Feb 2008

What is the specification of your laptop ( processor , memory etc. ) and what type of encryption are you using , and also , what operating system ( XP , XP sp2 , etc. )

Ashley

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 12 Feb 2008

has the router got MAc adress blocking and therefore does not let you connect?

biffersx 22:24 12 Feb 2008

Ashrich, where do i find that stuff out? sorry I am not very good with that side of laptops!

biffersx 22:25 12 Feb 2008

fruit bat - All my housemates can get on it, just not my laptop. would there be a block against my laptop?

Ashrich 22:36 12 Feb 2008

Ok , give us tha make and model of the laptop , the OS shouldn't be too hard , just right click on My Computer and select " properties " it will tell you what version of XP you have , unless you are using Windows Vista !! . Who set up the wireless router , you seem to know what happens if you turn it off , have a look in the router again , where you turn the encryption on and off , and see if it is listed as WEP or WPA .

Ashley

biffersx 22:51 12 Feb 2008

Its a Fufitsu siemens, AMILO Pi 2550 series. I can't find the XP?! what am I looking for a number or code?? sorry! I'm pretty bad at this! nope not got windows vista!! It was set up by virgin media then we connected our laptops to it but mine never worked!
thanks for your help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:11 12 Feb 2008

If everybody elses works except yours and you have the same settings / security key and it works if security is switched off then can only assume mac filtering on the router.

Mac filtering
and
How to find you Mac address click here

biffersx 23:14 12 Feb 2008

Oh ok thanks, I've found the code but what do i do with it?!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:22 12 Feb 2008

you need someone to connect to the router and ensure your mac address is allowed.

biffersx 23:23 12 Feb 2008

oh right ok thanks.I'll give it a go tomorrow.
thnak you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?