Trouble accessing I/E

bruno 12:30 31 Jan 2006

Since Sunday I have had a problem accessing certain internet sites.It started with noticing I/E was not coming up and several of My Favourites.I could still get to places via Opera.I rectified problem by restoring a couple of days,but the same thing has happened this morning.Again I have cured it by going back to Saturday.I have not installed or downloaded anything recently and have done all the usual spyware and anti virus sweeps.When the fault is on I can use Outlook Express and my banking facility alright.

Forum Editor 12:54 31 Jan 2006

Are you absolutely sure?

What do you mean by "It started with noticing I/E was not coming up and several of My Favourites" Are you saying that you can't launch Internet Explorer?

bruno 13:02 31 Jan 2006

That is correct.I kept getting the message that this page is not available.I then tried several of my favourites but the banking one was the only one working.Once I had restored back to Saturday it was ok again.I then used the computer for e mails then went off line while I started teaching myself how to use Photoplus 10 and did not go online at all until this morning when the fault appeared again.Once again, restoring to Saturday cured it.The only thing I can think of that took place was Avast updating itself both days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?