Trojen Horse Dialer

sak41 20:57 04 Apr 2003

I am useing AVG anti virus, i have a Trojen Horse Dialer and can not remove it help!!!

VoG™ 21:54 04 Apr 2003

Try Spybot click here

Worf100 21:55 04 Apr 2003

Try going to click here and downloading Ad-ware 6.0 (it's free) ! Also try click here prior to downloading from a site you are not 100% sure about

flecc 22:01 04 Apr 2003

This might be the I-Worm Opas trojan which is currently active and has some difficult to remove components.

Post back what AVG says is there and also which Windows version that you're using.

Also, have a look in your Windows folder for any of the following files and post back if any of them are there:-

Alevir, Brasil, Marco, Srv, Scrsvr.

sak41 12:18 05 Apr 2003

I am useing windows ME and AVG is showing the trojen horse dialer as Restore\Temp\A0122550.CPY

VoG™ 12:27 05 Apr 2003

You need to disable System Restore click here then run AVG again, then re-enable System Restore.

NOTE: This will erase all of your existing restore points.

flecc 12:29 05 Apr 2003

That's one I don't personally know. Try Trend's online scan servive by going to this link and running it. It should detect it and give you the information that you need to get rid of it:-

http:// housecall.antivirus. com/
click here

If their virus information doesn't help, go to Symantec's (Norton) site and have a look at the removal information they give for that trojan:-

click here

flecc 12:34 05 Apr 2003

Sorry, crossed posting.

Sak41, unfortunately some of these trojans leave behind the registry/Scanreg.ini/Msconfig entries that trigger the dial up even after the trojan is removed, but hopefully those sites will give the necessary information.

If not, and you've removed the trojan but are still getting the dial up, post back for further information on how to stop it.

MichelleC 12:49 05 Apr 2003

I think another thread and resolution click here could be the same symptoms as this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017