Trojans and Worms

Philwane 08:32 01 Sep 2004

My Son-Inlaw had trouble with his computer he could not get on the net and his computer was very sluggish
While I was browsing the net I came across someone who was having similar difficulties so I followed the advice given and ran this program Trend Micro Sysclean on his computer it found 37 various Trojans and Worms yes he uses a Firewall and an Antivirus program but he does not keep his Antivirus up to date.Its a wonderful program I can highly recommend it.
If anyone is interested in using this program Download from here click here
You will also need the latest virus pattern from here click here
I have Pasted the instructions given in the original thread below

" Get that trend sysclean copied to a folder on the hard disk and run it in Safe Mode.
Use whatever means, do it on another computer and burn it to a CD.
download the trend sysclean files, and unzip them to a folder on your working computer and burn the folder to a CD, so all you have to to is take the CD to the afflicted computer and copy the folder from the CD, somewhere on the hard disk (e.g. the desktop)
You're just going to have to use scanning tools to identify and remove the malware.

Turn off System Restore for spyware/trojan/worm/virus cleaning because stuff will get archived in there and you won't be able
to clean it.
sysclean.com itself is 1.9 mb, and then there's the 4.5 meg virus pattern file. You must download the correct files. Not the one that says "for trend micro customers" unless you've got the correct version of their software that can use that.

After you get it copied, you can boot the afflicted computer in Safe Mode, the software may have an easier time of it.

You then run sysclean.com from that folder on the desktop. (don't try and run it from the CD because it will want to write to that folder and fail)"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017