trojans

chrisod 13:50 01 May 2010

hello my pc says i have 3 trojans and i`m not sure how or where they came from or more to the point how to get rid of them please help me thanks Chris

Sea Urchin 13:55 01 May 2010

How is your PC "telling you" that you have trojans? Sounds as though you have a rogue anti-malware program. Does it have a name at the top of the window?

chrisod 14:08 01 May 2010

thanks for the reply it says TROJAN HORSE CRYPTIC.IS.......... i have ran a scan and it says i have 3 of the above.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 01 May 2010

WHAT SAYS?

What malware or virus scanner are you using?

chrisod 14:15 01 May 2010

i`m using avg free 9.0 and malwarebyte anti malware

Sea Urchin 14:23 01 May 2010

So which one says you have the Trojans - because they both have the means of removing or quarantining what they find.

chrisod 14:30 01 May 2010

avg says i have the trojan, but it wont let me remove it as its the free version. is there a free removal download i can use to get rid of it?

Sea Urchin 14:33 01 May 2010

AVG 9.0 Free will remove problems it finds - I can't believe that you are getting a message to say the free version cannot move them to the virus vault. What exactly is the message you get?

chrisod 14:34 01 May 2010

i also have a black background on my desktop which i cant change the colour of.

chrisod 14:37 01 May 2010

sorry sea urchin i have just been to the virus vault and removed them what actions do i need to do now??

Sea Urchin 14:48 01 May 2010

Once they are in the virus vault then AVG has removed them from your system - you have now presumably deleted them from the vault. I would reboot your PC and then run one more scan to make sure it is clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?