Trojan.Renos.Nbb doing my head in

mr impatient 16:31 29 Sep 2007

Hi i am new to the forum so please bear with me. I placed a posting on the forum on the 27th Sep regarding a problem with the above trojan. When i run bullguard the software picks the trojan up and maybe has a couple of goes at deleting it but alas it soon reapears saying no files have been affected but it is just becoming so annoying. I have been forwarded onto a previous link by some other kind respondees but i need to know exactly what i should be copying or if there is another way of deleting the problem. Thanks.

VoG II 16:33 29 Sep 2007

Try running a-squared free click here

RobCharles1981 16:36 29 Sep 2007

Hi You could try downloading A-Squared from click here Download the latest version and run the update and then do a deep scan, should take an hour it should hopefully find the Trojan and you should be able to delete it.

Dazig 16:56 29 Sep 2007

I downloaded a-squared and got the latest version and ran the long scan. Although it identified Trojan.Renos.Nbb BUT it just re-appeared on the hard drive yet again.
Anyone got any other ideas?

Stuartli 17:32 29 Sep 2007

This has just been updated:

click here

mfletch 18:37 29 Sep 2007

Hi, Could you tell us what bullguard says about the Trojan its path, eg/ C documents. settings etc,

Also download and run SAS superantispyware check for any updates before running it,

The free one,

click here

mfletch

mr impatient 21:10 29 Sep 2007

i downloaded latest version of A-squared 3 about 3 days ago ran long scan twice and still no luck. Is thre something obvious i am missing out.answer to mfletch its path is file:systems.txt and c:\window\system32.Thanks for all help so far.

mikef. 21:51 29 Sep 2007

Have you switched off system restore before running removal programs, if not it will still be there and be picked up again every time you re run the removal tool

mr impatient 21:54 29 Sep 2007

Mikef. could you please talk me through switching off system restore and if it needs to be put back on again.Thanks very much

mr impatient 16:33 30 Sep 2007

Thanks very much Mikef. seemed to have cracked it,also to everyone else for their contributions.Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?