Trojan.Downloader.CR64Loader Trojan Downloader

g0slp 08:00 23 Apr 2005

Microsoft AntiSpyware picked this up on its scheduled scan this morning.

Apparently authored by click here , which is popular with my kids for its games. Never had any problems with that site before, to best of my knowledge.

Anybody know more about this particular Trojan, or had problems themselves with miniclip? Google's not particularly helpful on it. All I've got is click here

I'm debating whether to block miniclip, but that will cause serious trouble in the household!

Comments please.

Regards
Mark

Jak_1 08:24 23 Apr 2005

Downloader trojans are commonplace have a look click here for info.

Most will anchor themselves in the restore file, which is why av progs fail to clear them. If that happens then simply disable system restore and run the av again, pref in safe mode. Once av has done it's job then re-enable system restore.

A prog like Regclean will sort out any entries to the trojan in the registry too.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:54 23 Apr 2005

a2 click here excellent for detecting and removing trojans. Make sure you donload the free version.

g0slp 14:13 23 Apr 2005

Much appreciated. Will use Regclean in future too.

I've got AVG, a2, AAW & Spybot here already, in addition to the MS proggy.

Interestingly a2, although fully updated, hadn't picked it up.

I've seen this in the past; one prog finds something another has missed.

stalion 14:32 23 Apr 2005

are you ok now if not post a hijack this log
click here

g0slp 15:50 23 Apr 2005

Thanks for post. All seems well now; I was leaving thread open in case anyone else had come across the problem.

Interestingly another computer here, which has the same AV/spyware detection setup and is also used by the kids on the same sites didn't get the Trojan. (I'll probably regret posting that!)

Anyway, I'll tick as resolved; hopefully that's the end of it.

Regards
Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?