Trojan that won`t go.

Meshuga 07:22 31 May 2007

I keep getting a message that Norton antivirus has detected a virus on my computer. It reads, Its object name is c:\Program files\spybot-search destroy\Blindman.exe. The virus name is Trojan Horse. Action taken, Unable to repair this file. Risk factor very low. I have run various anti spyware progs such as Super antispyware, AVG, Asquared, Advanced Windows care, Pest patrol,and none of them detect anything. I cannot get the message box off the screen either as clicking on the X has no effect. The computer is running perfectly normally otherwise. How do I go about getting rid of this please. All the anti spyware progs are uptodate, as is Norton. My OS is XP Home SP2.

VoG II 07:26 31 May 2007

This looks like a false positive detection as that is a legitimate program and it is in the correct folder click here

[email protected] 07:26 31 May 2007

it seems to be part of the spybot program
click here

Meshuga 07:32 31 May 2007

Thank you VoG, If that is so, how do I stop the message popping up all the time?

Meshuga 07:37 31 May 2007

Thank you *THE RAVEN*,"Same question that I have asked VoG", Do you know how I can stop the message popping up.

[email protected] 07:40 31 May 2007

should be an update coming to correct it
click here

Meshuga 08:02 31 May 2007

THE RAVEN, Many thanks for that. How do I find the "Rapid Release" that is mentioned in your click here?

[email protected] 08:07 31 May 2007

click here
hope this is it,dont use norton myself

Meshuga 08:18 31 May 2007

Many thanks THE RAVEN. Have had a look at that and it`s as clear as mud to me so I`ll wait for the next auto update to occur. Thanks again though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?