Trojan virus

Tempest1 14:42 26 Mar 2003

I ended up being infected by a trojan virus, even though I update Norton AV 2002 daily.It did not detect it and now I can't run update and am unable to go on the internet as the connection does not hold for any length of time(this is more obvious when trying to do something regarding antivirus).System OS is XP Pro.If i go back to a restore point will it wipe it out or will I have to reformat the hard drives(running with two). Anybody with any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

pepe 15:03 26 Mar 2003

You haven't said which Trojan you have. There are many removal tools for the different trojans.
Try click here and look under "anti-virus tools", you may find a removal tool there.

deepblueuk 17:45 26 Mar 2003

you need to turn off restore points and run AVG this will clean your system and you'll be ok if you leave restore points enabled it will not be able to clear it when your system is clean turn restore points back on

deepblueuk 17:49 26 Mar 2003

p.s if you can't get online to download check on cover's disc's a lot of these have carried AVG, i used to use norton's and i got rid and am a AVG FAN

Tempest1 21:25 26 Mar 2003

Many thanks,followed your advice deepblueuk and am up and running again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?