Trojan virus

Phoenix40 22:49 28 Mar 2009

Hello i wonder if someone can help me. I went to a free game site or thats where i think ive got the infection from.Afterwards i seem to have two constant problems that happen when i start up my computer now. I use Wins Vista. At first my AVG antivirus detected a problem and i thought i had dealt with it. Then i had a mystery MS spyware setup that i didnt ask for. I manage to uninstall that. But now the file of the game i had downloaded keeps popping up on my desktop as an exe file. Its called 2684.exe i thought it had gone into my folder called Downloads or Users folder. But i cant seem to find it now. Each time it pops up when i start the computer it says it has a problem to connect then i cancel it. Afterwards my Wins Defender gives me a warning of a Trojan File called Reno 32. It only seems to happen when i start up the computer each time i either remove it or quarintine it, but it come back again after the exe file warning. I have done an AVG antivirus scan but nothing shows up I do have a firewall on. So can anyone help me trace this mystery exe file which i think is related to the Trojan virus so i can properly remove it. Hope to hear from someone soon thank you.

MAJ 22:53 28 Mar 2009

Try running full scans with Mbam and Superantispyware in Safe Mode, both programs are free. click here and click here

Phoenix40 23:13 28 Mar 2009

Hello thank you for your reply. One final thing for now. Im rather new to using Vistas. How do i go into Safe Mode to do this scanning? Hope to hear from someone soon thank you.

MAJ 23:39 28 Mar 2009

Tap F8 on startup to bring up the Advanced Startup Menu and choose the Safe Mode option from that menu.

Phoenix40 00:47 29 Mar 2009

Hello i did a quick scan using the Superspyware and it found five Trojan and installation files. It seems to have got rid of that exe file. But my Windows Defender still keeps showing the trojan reno 32 infection. I notice when i quarantine it. It doesnt show in the quarantine box. Could there be a problem with my Windows Defender? Or do i need to a more detailed scan? Also why is it best to do this scanning in Safe Mode? Hope to hear from you soon thanks for the help.

Phoenix40 11:08 29 Mar 2009

Hello i think ive finally cleared the problem with my windows defender now and its not showing anymore. So i think all the problems are settled now. But if it does recur i will get in touch. Thank you for your prompt and excellent response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?