Trojan-Tracker

ivesy 19:02 10 Oct 2005

I've just ran AVG and it found a program that was hidden in my 'system volume information' folder containing a Virus/Trojan. AVG couldn't delete it so I found it and deleted it myself. If it helps I could type out the full location? It ends with I presume the name of the program called 'ADPROT.EXE'

What's happened next is strange! A file has appeared on the dektop called CASMP1A which I cannot delete. Also when I look at some of my folders thru'START-RUN-BROWSE I've noticed they've been greyed out folders like Local settings, application data, templates.

Any ideas what has happened? I'm going to run AVG again and Adaware and if this persists I'm considering a full system restore which I dont want to do! I used Mcaffee until Saturday and it never found this file which has been there since August! Help!

VoG II 19:05 10 Oct 2005

The original trojan was in a system restore point (where it cannot do any harm unless you restore to that point). You could remove it by turning System Restore off then on again click here

I would scan with a-squared click here

ivesy 19:55 10 Oct 2005

Cheers Vog that worked first time! I'd never have thought of that with system restore! Excellent site well done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?