Trojan stopper...please.

anniesboy68 19:43 01 Feb 2007

Can anyone recommend a program that will STOP trojans loading on my computer.Every few days Spyhunter finds 55 trojans [and the like] which I remove. Where the heck are they comming from.? I have Zone alarm, [free] AVG, [free] No Adware, Ad Aware, Spybot, Spware blaster,Windows defender, and Spyhunter. Its always 55!!!!!and always the same infection. I note Webroot do one, or so they say.

gudgulf 19:56 01 Feb 2007

Can you be a bit more specific.......for example is SpyHunter finding actual trojans or tracking cookies?

skidzy 19:58 01 Feb 2007

Can you post the names of the Trojans if indeed they are trojans.

Or: try this click here trial basis that has proved helpful in the past.

anniesboy68 20:27 01 Feb 2007

Yes, all these itms found in the registry.....
2020S Dynamic toolbar, Zlob. Trojan [lots of], Net Necleus toolbar, Dialer.faretoraci, Mirar Toolbar, You could win this.

skidzy 20:30 01 Feb 2007

If Spybot Search and Destroy and the link i provided earlier do not shift these,you will be best to run Hijackthis click here and post the log click here though you coul;d try Asquared click here

terryf 20:35 01 Feb 2007

One wonders where you are going to collect that many, I get the occasional one at intervals of about 2 months

terryf 20:36 01 Feb 2007

Try this click here found mine

jackhass 20:40 01 Feb 2007

Look initially in Control Panel->Add/Remove programs.See if anything is installed that looks really bad. Eg Dialer,toolbars and un-install them.

Do the Start/Run/'Msconfig' routine and see what is set in the Start-up Programs .

Clever Trojans will not be stopped.
You are obviously picking them up from visited or re-directed sites.Be your own policeman.

Your internet browser can be set to visit only safe sites!

skidzy 20:40 01 Feb 2007

As Terry has pointed out,be careful where you surf.To pickup this many different variants....well i wonder !

anniesboy68 20:45 01 Feb 2007

Sorry, forgot to say I use A2 also. SpyHunter has them all somewhere as there is a facility to "rollback". Could they be escaping somehow?. Anyway will try all the sugestions. Always 55 though!!!!!!

skidzy 20:48 01 Feb 2007

Something that some disagree with,is to Disable System Restore/Reboot/Enable System restore....you will lose all restore points.This assuming the problems are arising from a restore point.

Alternatively,scan in safe mode.tapping F8 on startup will get you into safemode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?