Trojan Startdrv.exe

Eggshell 10:43 08 Nov 2007

Has anyone had success removing startdrv.exe?
AVG finds it says it heals it but as soon as you reboot its there again. SDfix finds it and admits it can not remove it. What does startdrv.exe do? Help and comments appreciated.

mfletch 11:30 08 Nov 2007

Hi, Download and use AVG AntiRootkit,

{Please be careful what you remove}

click here

Also download SAS Superantispyware

Check for any updates before you use it,

click here

AVG Anti-Rootkit is a powerful tool with state-of-the-art technology for detection and removal of rootkits. Rootkits are used to hide the presence of a malicious object like trojans or keyloggers on your computer. If a threat uses rootkit technology to hide itself it is very hard to find the malware on your PC. AVG Anti-Rootkit gives you the power to find and delete the rootkit and to uncover the threat the rootkit is hiding

mfletch

Eggshell 14:08 08 Nov 2007

Thank you mfetch. Whilst waiting I continued my search with Google and some sites said startdrv generated spam emails. Anyrate I took out startdrv exe from the win temp folder and runtime.sys + runtime2.sys from the system folder using msdos without windows running. I also removed the runtime2 key from the registry. I've started it up a couple of times and left it conected to broadband and cross fingers it seems to be gone.

aidanone 10:12 14 Jan 2008

I have tried all of the above but I am still having problems. After running a scan I have removed all items. But when I go back to use the internet - AVG reports:

Trojan.Horse Backdoor and
Trojan.Horse Downloader

Has anyone else recommend a good program which should get rid of these trojans??

mfletch 11:35 14 Jan 2008

Hi,

Download the free version of SAS Superantispyware check for any updates and do a full scan,

click here

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?