Trojan Spy.flux

knockin on 16:39 26 Jan 2008

Spydoctor discovered this little ** on my laptop.
I have deleted the file ( j7snjal1.exe ) from my machine. Do I need to do anything else? Spydoctor now show the laptop as 'clean'

mfletch 18:23 26 Jan 2008

Hi,
You could do a scan with another antispyware program for a second opinion,

Try SAS Superantispyware FREE version,

click here

mfletch

knockin on 18:34 26 Jan 2008

thanks for your response.
I have SAS Superantispy, but it did not see the trojan - when it was there ( before Spydoctor found it) so I will check back frequently with Spydoctor, and hope I have done the right thing.
I could, of course pay for the full version of Spydoctor, but £30.00 seems a lot to pay to delete one bug which only it's software has found.

User-1233372 09:20 27 Jan 2008

Hi
One thing to remember when removing Viruses or Trojans, is that you need to turn "System Restore" OFF, before you remove those Viruses or Trojans, otherwise it eill come back to haunt you if ever you need to restore your PC back to an earlier time. Once you've removed the Virus/Trojan, then turn "System Restore" back on.

knockin on 13:45 27 Jan 2008

Thank you, I didn't think of that... I didn't do it either. Maybe I should do a restore and run the spyware again??

mfletch 15:49 27 Jan 2008

Hi,

Just turning off your system restore will delete all restore points then turn it back on again,

Steps to turn off System Restore
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
3. Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
4. Click OK.
5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System Restore:
You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.

Do you want to turn off System Restore?After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Steps to turn on System Restore
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
3. Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
4. Click OK.

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes

knockin on 17:31 27 Jan 2008

Thanks again,I will do that now.
I will also tick this as resolved, so I hope you read my thank you note. Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?