trojan please help

mpez 18:04 01 Oct 2006

Hi my son clicked on a website through msn and we got a trojan, turned off system restore, cleansed with avg,a2 ad-aware restarted but still there, i dont know what else to do, on my desktop is YInstall, toolbar888, mnyexe, drsmartload, a,exe if any one can help please it would be apprectiated.

many thanks

skidzy 18:11 01 Oct 2006

This looks like you may have downloaded something and it is bundled with the software,try Ewido click here

skidzy 18:13 01 Oct 2006

Also have a look in add and remove programs to see if you can remove it from there.
Also run your av in safe mode (tapping F8 on startup will get you into safe mode).

mpez 18:16 01 Oct 2006

tried everything in safe mode but to no avail

mpez 18:19 01 Oct 2006

cant get the ewido to work please help

gudgulf 18:29 01 Oct 2006

If you are running Windows XP download and run Windows Defender click here

Run it and keep it on the pc..it has active anti-adware/spyware defenses for future use.

You could also try thr free trial of Sunbelts CounterSpy click here (uninstall when done...although it is an excellent product and not dear to license)

I would also consider visiting the MalwareRemoval forums for advice on posting a Hijack This log click here

You have listed a number of different malware in your post,some of which are not straitforward to remove.Not only that the ones you see might be the tip of the iceberg,so to speak.......Do pay a visit to the experts over at MalwareRemoval.

skidzy 18:38 01 Oct 2006

If Ewido will not install,please follow gudgulf sound advice,there they have the experts to deal with this problem.

I believe gudgulf is trying to warn you that this collection of Malware has mutiple registry entries and will keep on reinventing itself after you run these cleaning programs,this is because some parts are missed when scanning.

Hijackthis: click here

Malware removal: click here

Run Hijackthis and post the log at Malware removal.

mpez 18:41 01 Oct 2006

i have windows defender done everything required, i wll try the hijack this and send it to the malware removal site

cheers everyone for your responses let ou know the outcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?