Trojan - Logitech - Unistall

fifty-and-some 19:39 29 Aug 2008

Logitech QuickCam Messenger stopped working after software update from Logitech, which also upset my Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse. Not using QuickCam I set firewall to block updates. Till now when I am exploring Skype.

From original CD I chose repair / install. & immediately got a Trojan, which AVG dealt with. Followed by Fatal error on installation. Twice I went to Logitech site for information, and twice I got Trojans. Faxed support and followed response. Right click My Computer / Hardware / Device Manager, uninstall Logitech from various item. Then add / remove programs.

Unable to uninstall Image Studio, denied with Fatal error on installation. Contacted support, and bumped off with registration to their support site, with a required field of DIP, which is?

Download / install latest software, not right, keeps restarting pc. Uninstall again, Image Studio gone from program files, but still present on add / remove program, will not uninstall. Shows 145.00MB but not where, with last used date 05/01/06. Run Registry Mechanic, Logitech install hijacks the pc, installing files, to fast to see what and where.

Install again, resulting in pc recovered from serious error. Uninstall / Registry Mechanic / hijack.

How do I get rid of Image Studio & Logitech software, but not wireless keyboard & mouse please?

Technotiger 19:45 29 Aug 2008

You could try uninstalling using Revo uninstaller, when you are asked if you want to restart your computer, do NOT re-start at that point, Revo will then continue. When you are given the option to Select All and to Delete, Do so! After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Technotiger 19:46 29 Aug 2008
  fifty-and-some 21:49 29 Aug 2008

Thank you Technotiger

Great tool

Technotiger 21:51 29 Aug 2008

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

I am sure you will find Revo is a useful addition to your armoury!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone