Trojan infection

Hetti 14:46 13 Aug 2010

Can anyone advise me how to get rid of this Trojan it is called Trojan:win32/Fake Vimes.
I dont know how it got onto PC but I notice there is also a Icon on desktop called "My Security Shield".
I have Win security essentials but it is not cleaning it.
My home page has change also.

I run win Vista

gengiscant 15:05 13 Aug 2010
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 13 Aug 2010

click here windows own Malicious software removal tool gets rid of it.

Have you updated recently?

My security shield removal click here

tried 15:46 13 Aug 2010

My comp. running xp prof. has sudenly decided to visit misc. sites like battersea dogshome, devon count council! etc etc while im still reading my BBC home page when I clear history it just vists more sites and it is they all come up if I click on them any advice on how I can knock the command out causing this worth its weight in gold!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 13 Aug 2010

You should really start your own thread not hijack another one.

Sounds as if you have something nasty and need to scan with your antivirus and Antimalware try scanning wit the free version of malwarebytes click here

tried 16:33 13 Aug 2010

sorry fruit! I will do that, I must try and get my act together

Hetti 18:37 13 Aug 2010

Thanks all

Sorry for delay getting back here, the PC in question is my brthers, I had to go to his home to try to help as he is VERY non PC literate, and Im just a little better.
There were so many strange things happening on the PC, like so far into the scans the PC just started to close down of its own accord,icons appearing and dissapearing from the desktop,I have just got back home after leaving the Win malicious software scan running as it was taking an age.

We will see what its like tomorrow.

Thanks again....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?