Trojan Horses

Yorkie 1 11:21 09 Mar 2005

I am being plagued by TROJAN HORSES. They are detected by AGV and are removed to the virus vault (I think) But the next scan reveals the same thee files 2 Trojan horse Downloader Small and 1Trojan Horse Startpage 18Z
How can I dispose of these permanently and what are they doing?
I have found no ill effects from their presence so far but they have been re-occurring for a couple of weeks now.
I am using MS with System Restore switched off as I cannot get it working. I have outpost firewall installed as well as Spybot S&D.
Anyone with any ideas out there?

VoG II 11:28 09 Mar 2005

Try a² click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:30 09 Mar 2005

This is supposed to remove startpage and downloader click here.

If not then try A2 click here

Yorkie 1 12:45 09 Mar 2005

Hi VoG * Fruitbat, I have Ad-Aware installed but it restarts my computer half way through a scan. I tried A squared (A2) but scanning with that shows no Malaware, hover A shell extension scan of "Restore Temp" files bring up the same three virus files.
With the AGV running the programme normally it does the same as Ad-Aware, i.e. restarts the computer half way through a scan, but by shell extension scanning "My Computer" it runs right through and throws up the same 3 viruses.
Puzzling or what. *S*

Yorkie 1 17:33 09 Mar 2005

No more suggestions folks, I am still in the same position. Can anyone tell me what these viruses might be capable of please?

Jak_1 18:03 09 Mar 2005

First Visit click here and in the virus encyclopaedia look for Trojan Horse downloader small and print off the information. It will explain how to delete any entries in the registry.

run AVG to clear the trojans from the system restore file (Downloader and startpage usually manifest there)then follow symantecs instructions for clearing registry entries.

I have never had a problem clearing a downloader.

CWshredder could help with the startpage if it is a coolweb startpage trojan click here

If everything fails then make sure you have backed up anything you wish to keep as it may be as well to do a re-install. That will give a nice clean system once more.

zebra999 18:05 09 Mar 2005

Hi

Try going to the Kaspersky Anti Virus site (Kaspersky via your Search Engine) and click on downloads then virus removal tools. Check the list and download the file required. If running Windows XP reboot into safe mode and run the programme(s)

This fixed my problem and I even now use Kaspersky AV. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?