TROJAN HORSE VIRUS

anderson1967 11:34 17 Feb 2007

I have acouple of trojan horse viruses on the p.c i did have antivirus software but this has run out a couple of weeks ago.I am unemployed so really short of cash i was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a free software i could download to fix this problem.

VoG II 11:36 17 Feb 2007

For the trojan A-squared click here

Other free security programs:

Ad-aware click here
Spybot click here
Superantispyware click here
Spywareblaster click here
AVG Antispyware click here
Windows Defender click here
AVG Antivirus click here
ZoneAlarm click here

rawprawn 11:38 17 Feb 2007

click here
and click here for a free firewall

skidzy 11:41 17 Feb 2007

VoG™ has provided all you will ever need,however make sure everything related to your previous Antivirus has been removed before installing a new AV.

If unsure how to do this correctly,post back with the details of your previous AV and we can help accordingly.

Once your current AV has been removed,it is good policy to remove any obsolete registry entries with something like ccleaner click here before loading the new Antivirus.

skidzy 11:42 17 Feb 2007

And an optional AV from Rawprawn that works well with Zonealarm.

anderson1967 11:52 17 Feb 2007

i had norton anti virus but im not that keen on it so will be getting something else.any suggestions would be good.going out now will check back in later on.Thanks for all the links guys i have downloaded ad aware just now and put the rest in my favs for later.

VoG II 11:56 17 Feb 2007

Remove Norton click here

rawprawn 12:16 17 Feb 2007

If you are talking about another pay for solution, I can recommend F-Secure
click here and if you happen to be a Barclays online customer you can get the AV part free, and upgrade to the whole suite for
£9-95

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?