trojan horse ....help!

man of steel11 02:08 20 Jul 2007

my friend has just discovered she has a trojan horse on her pc..can anyone help..the name of it is....trojanhorse BackDoor.Generic4.FQI..thx in advance.

skidzy 06:45 20 Jul 2007

Google does not give a lot of info about this however have a look here for a few free programs that may help.

Firstly update the antivirus and scan in safemode.
Tapping F8 on startup will get you into safemode.

birdface 08:18 20 Jul 2007

You normally need anti-spyware programs to get rid of trojans,click here quite good and free,Worth a try,Make sure it is up-dated before you use it.I take it your friend's anti-virus or spyware must have picked it up, Did it not delete it or quarantine it .And what A/V and S/Ware programs does she have.Skidzy would normally have left you a good list of programs to run.But has forgotten to add his click here,He will probably be back when he discovers his mistake.

birdface 09:21 20 Jul 2007

Oops not showing sorry.It should be A Squared Free.

birdface 09:22 20 Jul 2007
  skidzy 16:38 20 Jul 2007

Looks like i forgot my link...doh ! click here

cycoze 17:59 20 Jul 2007

How do you know that the machine has this trojan? i assume because a scan has picked it up? if so what program found it? and when was it last updated.

[email protected] 18:13 20 Jul 2007

click here
superantispyware has good detection results once machine is infected with a trojan

man of steel11 23:27 20 Jul 2007

sorry..peeps..just got on ..thx for all your replys....yes..she has avg..that was the program that found it..but...she has not long instaled avg..and is just learning,can she delete this trojan with avg?

birdface 09:20 22 Jul 2007

She would probably have to use Avg Anti-Spyware to get rid of it.Or the A Squared that I already posted.

birdface 09:31 22 Jul 2007

If she found the Trojan with Avg it should have gave her the option of Deleting it or to Quarantine it.If she is not sure what to do,Just Quarantine it,To find out if she has got rid of it,Just a matter of running Avg again to see if it still finds it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017