Trojan Horse Generic5. LWE

Josie29 12:25 03 Aug 2007

AVG 7.5 Anti Malware continualy tells me that i have the following trojan, C:\WINDOWS\System32\Kdzsj.exe\ Trojan Horse Generic5.LWE. however it will only let me ignore it as AVG can't heal or vault it because the file is locked. any ideas on what this does, and how to get rid of it?

VoG II 12:29 03 Aug 2007

Try using Unlocker to delete it click here

skidzy 20:22 03 Aug 2007

Trojanhunter free trial click here
Stinger click here

Josie29 06:06 04 Aug 2007

Marg7, i'k not computer savvy enough to attempt that, if it gets to that stage then i will put it into a computer shop.
Skidz, i used trojanhunter and got the following message, Access Violation at address7B2D3176. Read of Address7B2D3176, BUT NO MENTION OF THE TROJAN. aNY OTHER IDEAS?

Probabilitydrive 07:14 04 Aug 2007

Josie29, before you hand over your system to a shop there are things you can try. One of it is the already mentioned attempt to remove the infection by going into 'safe mode' .

Safe mode is when Windows start only the minimal set of device drivers and services. And this mode is where your are likely to have most impact in removing the infection.

Below are instruction how to get into safe mode, (just keep tapping the 'F8' key when your system boots up)

click here
click here

Once you are in safe mode, keep scanning your system with every anti-spyware, anti-virus program you have (some might not work there !! -that's normal, just go to the next one). Again, delete every instant the application find of the infection.

Reboot (just close windows as usual, it will than boot into the normal windows environment) and run again all application you have. post the outcome here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone