trojan horse generic4.xzy

boo_hiss_boo 22:11 08 Jun 2007

I have had this turn up in my AVG scan from a link my son was sent and clicked yes to run...

i cant seem to find out too much about it, can any one please halp, is this a very malicious trojan, will it be stealing my info?

i am off on holiday first thing tom,orrow and urgent advice would be appreciated.

may thanks
Boo

SANTOS7 22:15 08 Jun 2007

Can't be that bad a google search shows up ZIP, what files does AVG suggest this trojan is infesting..

VoG II 22:18 08 Jun 2007

Run a-squared click here

boo_hiss_boo 22:21 08 Jun 2007

Hi thanks for quick reply, i couldnt find too much on google either i could on just generic4 but i didnt really understand what i was looking for,

anyway, i dont know what you mean (sorry bit of a thickie here) but it is a opensearch[1].txt file and is in the local internet folders in my sons docs and setting

is this what you meant (i am still half way through the scan but time was not on my side so i thought i would post sooner rather than later :o) )

thanks
boo

boo_hiss_boo 22:22 08 Jun 2007

oh Vog that was quick too

thanks i will

boo

VoG II 22:23 08 Jun 2007

click here will remove it.

SANTOS7 22:23 08 Jun 2007

AHH!!! changed search, looked for generic4 only, a mass of info found for that, its the xyz bit that is non-specific.

SANTOS7 22:25 08 Jun 2007

click here=

wealth of good info here if you continue to use A VG..

p;3 22:46 08 Jun 2007

another useful one to try

click here on a full deep scan

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:51 09 Jun 2007

This is the first trojan I have ever picked up in five years and it seems indestructible. AVG keeps healing it but it just keeps coming back on a restart.

Mine is Generic4.HKT

There are loads of people out there with it but as yet I can't find a permanent cure.

p;3 07:58 10 Jun 2007

try running

click here

click here

as wewll as the others you have been suggested to try; if all else fails suggest you register with

click here

get an HJT log from

click here

'Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.
Browse to that location with windows explorer, and double click on the HijackThis.exe program to run. Chose the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'
That will allow you to save the log to the desktop (or some other place) and leave open a notepad file with the HijackThis log in it. '

then psot it as a NEW TOPIC with a brief explanation

click here

you ought also to advise your
son that HIS comp TOO needs a sort out as it too is most likely infected

and I suspect you will now be on holiday too?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?