Trojan horse downloader.swizzor.bl

boo_hiss_boo 15:15 14 Aug 2004

Hi

a few days ago, AVG found trojan horse dowloader.swizzor.bl and healed the file. I had a message today syaing that this is back, however, I have done a search in both Ask jeeves and google but found no listing ANYWHERE!? I have checked my AVG log and I have spelt it right. Anybody know anything at all about this and what these downloaders do?

Thanks
Boo

stalion 15:21 14 Aug 2004

use the program I gave you last time to remove it,do a fresh download of it as they update every week
click here

stalion 15:26 14 Aug 2004

this is just info to explain to you what a trojan does.Don,t worry.Regards click here

boo_hiss_boo 15:28 14 Aug 2004

Stalion

I tried to do this, but the page will not load up from the link. I went back into the other thread from you and tried the link. I just tried the one here aswell and same problem.

Thanks
Boo

boo_hiss_boo 15:36 14 Aug 2004

stalion

ok, I used the download 7 and I am going to scan in aminute, I will let you know....

Thanks
Boo

boo_hiss_boo 15:48 14 Aug 2004

Stalion

escan came up clean, but only an hour or so, a pop up box came up telling me that the trojan downloader.swizzor.bl was on my pc and that I needed to scan with AVG.... nothing is being found on the scans though... ?

I am rather puzzled

Boo

Dan the Confused 16:10 14 Aug 2004

Try this click here

boo_hiss_boo 16:23 14 Aug 2004

Dan

I tried the link but I keep getting 'page cannot be displayed' when I try to actually scan..

Boo

Dan the Confused 16:33 14 Aug 2004

Have you tried running all your current anti-spyware and anti-virus software in safe mode? (Boot up and press F8 before Windows loads and select it from menu that appears.)

boo_hiss_boo 17:35 14 Aug 2004

Dan

no I havn't.... I will do this.

I will let you know.....

Thanks
Boo

boo_hiss_boo 18:54 16 Aug 2004

Hi

I did all of the scans in safe mode (except AVG which would not find the path) but I run spybot and a2 and both came up clean. However I have had another message saying the following

AVG Resident Shield
Trojan horse Downloader.Swizzor.BL

is found in file
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{54459E15-55F2-4FB6-97AC-964E1E347A74}\RP26\A0004390.exe

To remove this virus please run AVG for Windows.

Thanks for any response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?