Trojan Horse Dialer 17.3 Help to remove please

hinny 22:26 08 Apr 2005

I tried to download a screensaver from screeensavers.com. I saved it to computer and then scanned it with Avg, no virus was detected, so I continued with the installation. I now have this virus, can you please tell me how to remove it, on doing a full scan AVG is telling me is that I have it but not removing it.
Cheers.

Dan the Doctus 22:35 08 Apr 2005

Try running AVG in safe mode (tap F8 key before Windows loads and select from menu that appears).

GroupFC 22:48 08 Apr 2005

You could try a-squared Free from click here Spybot from click here or try the links posted bt Yoda Knight at click here

Good luck!

Jak_1 01:25 09 Apr 2005

Start > Search type in diallers. Any you find simply delete, then run avg in safe mode. This should sort things out.

griffon 56 10:34 09 Apr 2005

Hi hinny,

When you've got your system cleaned up following the advice above, there's an Antidialer to stop any future infections from connecting you to the wrong number at, click here

joethebow 13:38 09 Apr 2005

As above and if that doesn't work run Hijack This, it should find the dialler and disable it.

hinny 16:07 09 Apr 2005

Thanks eveyone, I have got AVG, Spybot,Spyblaster and Adaware, I have run them all. I found that the Trojan horse Dialer was in the "Vault" in AVG, so I assume AVG has sorted it, please tell me if I am wrong in that assumption. Have tried to get into safemode and have not managed it yet, and I have searched for dialers and there were none in the search result. I am now going to try the other recommendtions and I will let you know,.Many, many thanks, I love this forum I have received so much help.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:20 09 Apr 2005

You can delete it from the vault or it will be safe in there.

G

hinny 09:38 10 Apr 2005

Good morning, I have done all the checks again and it all seems OK. I have checked my phonebill online and that's OK. I tried to to get safe mode by pressing F8 and have not suceeded, I have restarted the computer about twenty times, I have even tried F1 and F10, cant even get into them. Anyway cheers everyone, hinny

hinny 20:13 10 Apr 2005

I have Windowa HP home edition, is there another way to run AVG in safemode ?

VoG II 20:15 10 Apr 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017