TROJAN HORSE CLICKER.CY.

Ex plorer 13:09 04 Feb 2007

Hi I was searching for some drivers this morning and after opening a web page for them I was daft enough to click on a popup reading you are the 9999 999 see what you have won and the prize was a TROJAN HORSE CLICKER.CY.

Whilst connected to the internet I could not get past my log on and the PC CLICKED and shut down.

The only way to get it off my PC was to pull the wireless card or I suppose I could have disconnected the incoming BT line to break the connection.

Can I report my findings in case someone else is as daft as me? No damage done but to it may scare some people in thinking there PC is broken

Ex

Kate B 13:12 04 Feb 2007

It would be good if there were some central place you could warn people about those. The best thing you can do is to remind your friends not click on those. When I set up computers for not-very-techie friends I install Firefox with Adblock and all the filters and then delete the desktop shortcut to IE so that they tend not to use IE and then never actually see things like that to click on.

Have you managed to shift the Trojan?

Ex plorer 13:43 04 Feb 2007

The only way to get it off my PC was to pull the wireless card or I suppose I could have disconnected the incoming BT line to break the connection then I ran AVG and removed it.

Kate B 13:45 04 Feb 2007

Might be worth running A Squared if you haven't already; and the usual run of antispyware - goodness knows what else that thing might have put on your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?