Trojan horse Backdoor ?????

Andy.F. 12:49 12 Feb 2004

Hello good folks....My mate, who knows even less about computers than I do I'm afraid has ran a scan with AVG and discovered the following virus. Trojan horse Backdoor,Afcore.AL which cant be removed by AVG. the message is C:\windows\system32\WMGCQSK.EXE can not be removed. Having had a search in Google to see what I could find most of the links refered to one site, this being a forum. The link that seemed to be the most likely way of ridding the system of the virus was this click here but I'm begging your help as I'm kinda reluctant to muck about with the registry....do you good folks reckon this site is the correct way to get it out of the system....it's more of a confidence booster I need I think....once again, thankyou all very much.....Andy PS. the system is windows XP.

Jester2K 12:51 12 Feb 2004

Boot into safe mode and rescan again

or

Start Menu, Run, Type MSCONFIG and hit enter. Click on the Start Up Tab and uncheck the line pointing to the C:\windows\system32\WMGCQSK.EXE file. Reboot the PC and scan again.

Andy.F. 14:41 12 Feb 2004

Thanks very much Jester2K for the sugestion, I'll give it a go later on tonight but meantime I'll leave this one open for a wee while in case any more info comes in...thankyou once again. Andy

Proxy Worm 16:14 12 Feb 2004

Try scanning at click here

johnnyrocker 16:24 12 Feb 2004

are you sure you disabled system restore when cleansing?

johnny.

Andy.F. 23:34 12 Feb 2004

once again to everyone.....I'll try all on his computer and see how I get on.....till the next one..thankyou Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?