Trojan Guarder ???

Lady Lara 21:04 14 Nov 2004

I have downloaded a free version of Trojan Guarder and it straight away picked up 2 x Trojans on 3 PC's within household. One was HMKComd (or something similar). Anyhow, since deleting it I have had no end of programs going faulty and not loading software correctly so I am wondering if this program is not what it says it is.

Anyone Please ???

stalion 21:12 14 Nov 2004

if xp try system restore to a date prior to installing Trojan guarder

VoG II 21:16 14 Nov 2004

Since deleting trojan or Trojan Guarder?

Anyway, try stalion's suggestion.

Lady Lara 21:27 14 Nov 2004

System restore had been switched off (A previous virus and I forgot to turn it back on). Since Virus was removed (ages ago as well by the way and all was normal again.) it has started going wrong. I have now deleted Trojan guard off as it was a 30 day trial and frankly i did not like it

VoG II 21:31 14 Nov 2004

Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. This will check for damaged Windows files. You may be asked for your Windows XP CD.

To scan for trojans I recommend a² click here

woodt 21:41 14 Nov 2004

That's another pound for VoG™ :-)). I have a² it's very good.

Lady Lara 21:47 14 Nov 2004

have done the sfc /scannow thing and a little Box flashed on and off. I take it that if nothing else happened all is ok there? Am also now running a²

stalion 21:49 14 Nov 2004

VoG™ does not accept money only Jack Daniels ;o))

VoG II 21:55 14 Nov 2004

sfc should not just "flash" click here

See if a² finds anything before we try anything else.

The suggestion that I am somehow in the pay of a² is potentially libellous. However, I have developed a taste for Bombay Sapphire gin...

Lady Lara 22:39 14 Nov 2004

a² found nothing. Still cannot get sfc /scannow to work. have read this butit does not state how to do it

click here

LL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017