Trojan Dropper.Win32.Par.

spuds 14:35 24 Sep 2005

Is anyone fimilar with Trojan Dropper.Win32.Par. This morning my computer as been extremely slow, and doing various scans the message came up that I had the mentioned item on the computer. a2 squared stated that it had removed the item, but the computer was still very slow. Various other checks and scans came up with nothing.

The actual notification message via a2: Trojan Dropper.Win32.Par. C:\Windows\system32\qttask.exe.

Doing a google search, also proved negative as to what Trojan Dropper.Win32.Par was.Can you help-Do you know the answer!.

VoG II 14:42 24 Sep 2005

qttask.exe *should* be the Quick Time tray icon ... but it should not be in system32 folder. So I would be suspicious.

Try click here and update it before running.

spuds 15:42 24 Sep 2005

Thanks VoG-- Just downloaded Ewido Security Suite 3.5 plus update and did a 22minute 32seconds scan, it stated that it had found 22 infected items and removed same.

Trojan Dropper did not appear, so it would seem as though a2 squared as done its job, as usual.

I will keep it on the computer,do daily tests and see what turns up within the next fourteen days, before I make the final decision.

Thanks again, will now tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?