Trojan Dropper -cannot find info

cocteau48 08:49 23 Feb 2007

Yesterday A squared discovered the following on my system:
Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.aoj
It was traced to the .exe prog for "e-prompter" which I had installed,decided to uninstall,but kept the .exe in my download folder.
I deleted the trojan within A squared,and also the .exe prog itself and the restore point that it was apparently lurking in so hopefully that is the end of it but googling for it has not come up with any info as to how big a threat it was.
Any pointers please?

gudgulf 10:27 23 Feb 2007

Don't you just love it when a program detects something but the makers of that program don't seem to know what it is that their program has detected.

click here

I'm guessing here but it might well be A2's hearistics picking up something that it "suspects" might be a trojan.

I'd try to confirm the finding with another scanner such as AVG Antispyware click here or SuperAntispyware free version click here

General information on the trojan dropper class at click here

cocteau48 10:33 23 Feb 2007

No pointers then?
Not even a dalmation or a poodle?
Seriously though A squared flag this as a trojan but have no info on it on their own site even though they show it as their second most detected piece of malware in the past three days.
Surely it must be possible to track it down as to what it may do - or may have done.

cocteau48 10:37 23 Feb 2007

Thanks gudgulf: our postings must have crossed.
For your info this was not picked up by any of the other antispyware progs.

gudgulf 10:46 23 Feb 2007

It could be a false positive identified by the heuristics engine as I said.

If so it will be quickly identified as such and corrected in a future update.

Just because it's being detected a lot does not mean it is definitely a trojan.I think there would be something more easily found on the web if that were the case.

I've just downloaded the ePrompter set up and I,m going to submit it to Virus Total for a scan with many of the leading av/antimalware programs.....I'll post back with the result.

gudgulf 10:53 23 Feb 2007

click here

I'd say that's definitely not infected with a trojan or anything else for that matter.

cocteau48 13:23 23 Feb 2007

Thank you gudgulf;
I shall mark as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?