trojan

dawnal 12:55 27 Sep 2005

I have a trojan horse on my computer called Killreg. I have tried to remove it but it keeps coming back. I turned off system restore whikle I was removing it. It hasn't worked. Can anyone tell me anything about this and, of course, how to get rid of it.

Thanks
shuggee

Anti_Virus 13:15 27 Sep 2005

Went on Symantec online virus definitions. Couldn't find a trojan called killreg, but there was one called killfiles. Maybe they're similar. Anyway, here's Symantec's page:

click here

It says something about system restore in there, but if you've already tried it, then I don't know.

Have you got good Anti-Virus on you PC?

zarobian 16:12 27 Sep 2005

If you have an up-to-date Anti Virus program then start the computer in safe mode and run the scanner.

VoG II 16:28 27 Sep 2005

click here

Try a scan with a² click here

Eastender 16:49 27 Sep 2005

If you have a Sagem USB modem then this is probably a false positive. I had the indiction of the "Trojan" and I did more harm to my system trying to remove it than a real trojan would do.

I did research it but didn't retain the info, this is one of the links click here

Eastender 17:10 27 Sep 2005

Obviously that should have been, I had the 'indication' of the "Trojan".

I've just downloaded and installed IESpell click here

dawnal 10:55 28 Sep 2005

Thanks everyone for your responses. I appear to have gotten rid of it (if I ever had the thing in the first place, I'm not sure now as I do have a Sagem modem) I found a program called Counter Spy (free evaluation copy, click here ) which seems to have done the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?