Trogen Horse 19.j

hooligan 13:45 25 May 2005

I did a a sqare scan it said clear, avg gets rid, then it comes back, there is a icon in my bar near the clock, and search assistant in add -remove progrms i cant remove, its a anti virus gold its advertising

Any ideas how to remove it

cheers windows 98

Alan H E 13:54 25 May 2005

Have you tried removing in safe mode, also try spybot S & D

Alan H E 14:16 25 May 2005

Also google trojan 19.j

Shas 15:46 25 May 2005

The answer to someone else on another forum who had this trojan, was that after running the usual Ad-aware, CWshredder, Spybot, Trend Housecall checks, to then do a HJT log. Have you tried that?

hooligan 16:20 25 May 2005

ya, i did get rid of the homepage, but the red cross is still there, if i click it takes me to antivirus-gold, if i try to download spyblaster it says it broken links or something? so i cant download it, not sure what to do with hijack this, i just clicked a few, and got rid of the homepage trouble, and the trojen dont pop up now,
It got rid of something on the coolweb one

Shas 16:35 25 May 2005

Don't know what to do with HJT either. Perhaps you could ask Nellie2 to have a look at the log for you, when she has a minute.

Alan H E 17:23 25 May 2005

Do a search on this page for hijack this & you will find instructions on one of the results.

Joe R 17:36 25 May 2005
  hooligan 19:39 25 May 2005

The trogen seems to have gone, but in the address bar is a circle with a cross, saying infected, if i click it , it leads to anti virus gold!! I cant get rid of the cross, and thats causing the trouble,

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie