Trivial Enquiry

chrissy7 11:32 11 Apr 2005

Has anyone seen the film 'Ememy of the State' ? If so did you see how the computer sreens in the early part of the film looked. Was this a filmmakers gizmo effect or can it actuaaly be done. I refer to the sort of white on black effect, that seemed to be layers of windows each transperant with primary screen having full focus. I have a nvidia graphics card that allows transperacy but as the whole things in colour it does'nt quite give the same effect. This obviously is'nt a problem query, just curiosity as to whether it can actully be done. Any info welcome.

ACOLYTE 11:37 11 Apr 2005

I would say it can be done,if they have done it but probably need a more powerfull G card and a good graffix program to do it.

Indigo 1 12:06 11 Apr 2005

if you have XP, right click on a blank area of the desktop then click Properties then Appearance then under Colour Scheme open the drop down menu and have a look at the High Contrast options, but before you change anything save your current scheme with a name or title, that will allow you to get back to what it looks like now.

I am not entirely sure that you can make the windows transparent with this method though. Unless you use something like this click here

or take a look here click here

chrissy7 12:32 11 Apr 2005

Thanks for the info Guys, looks like it may in fact possible to a degree..........I ll leave the post open to see if any more info turns up.

As I have said my GC does offer transperancy but am a bit reluctant to download the options you have pointed out in case I cause a conflict, any comments on that point also welcome.

Indigo 1 12:43 11 Apr 2005

there really is only one way to find out, but to make sure everything will be OK you should make a backup of your system first so that you can get back to were it was before.

chrissy7 12:50 11 Apr 2005

Will Win restore or Roxio Go back serve that purpose ??

chrissy7 17:25 11 Apr 2005

Thanks to Indigo1, downloaded free version of 'tweak Windows' which is a really great little app. In addition to transperancy effects its got a few other novel and useful features, so far no conflicts with GC . Have enabled 'high contrast' and the whole thing looks pretty cool, I simply like things different to every other PC I come across. Any other ideas from anyone still welcome.

Indigo 1 17:56 11 Apr 2005

So is it like what you wanted ? Like the film ? Or better ?

chrissy7 18:14 11 Apr 2005

Not exactly like the film, but along the same lines, its thrown up a few odditys, e.g. all the type matter in my e/mails (OE) has turned green on white, so I am messing with the windows config trying to sort that one, web pages are as normal, but it looks pretty impressive, I would'nt put money this final point but the system seems a little quicker for some reason, no complaints there.

Indigo 1 22:44 11 Apr 2005

You should be able tochange the font colour within your email program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros