Tried winASO

minka 08:04 13 Mar 2007

Hi folks I tried the trial pack of winASO last night,removing over 300 faults 10 at a time!!
After removing all and rebooting I gota message regarding re-config the fax--I have a 3 in 1 printer--and inserting the disc--which I cannt find.Any advice appreciated.

Gongoozler 10:06 13 Mar 2007

I don't like any so called Windows Optimisers. If any changes are to be made to my system, I like to know what they are and to be in control of them. In my opinion the best thing to do would be to System Restore to before you "optimised" your system.

birdface 10:38 13 Mar 2007

There is a restore button on the bottom of list,Can you restore it from there.

birdface 11:07 13 Mar 2007

Hi,I bet your computer is going a lot faster now,If no other help,Maybe a System Restore would do it.

skidzy 14:35 13 Mar 2007

When running Winaso for the first time,its best to look through all the errors and if unsure...do not fix that problem.

You can use the restore,this will take the system back to before you ran winaso...very similar to system restore but not to be confused with SR.

No optimise program is foolproof and you will have some issues over time with most programs that clean the registry.

Ive never been let down with Winaso,yes a few little things...but nothing to shout about.

The best way to use Winaso for future reference,is to only tick one box at a time and run and fix,then you will know what error and fix is causing the issue you currently have.

Gongoozler 18:16 13 Mar 2007

Email from minka.
Thanx for your reply.I did reolve the problem by doing a system restore as my wife would have blown her top constantly getting the message regarding the fax!!!Why do yuo nit rate this programme???Which one is the best to use? Regards

-------------------------------------------------

Hi minka. It's best to replay via the "Add a new response to -- " box at the bottom of the page as this keeps any other interested forum members in the discussion.

The reason I don't like winASO or any other "Optimiser" is for exactly the reason you have experienced. The changes they make are not necessarily ones that are desirable in my computer.

Gongoozler 18:21 13 Mar 2007

Sorry - I must have hit the wrong button. I intended to add another sentence or two before posting. I was going to add that if I make changes to my installation myself then even if I don't achieve the ultimate in optimisation, at least I can undo the change if I find the result isn't what I intended. I doubt that any of the so called optimisers make enough of a difference to the system performance to be worth the risk anyway. I wonder if any forum member has made an objective measurement of the system performance change after using an "optimiser".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017