Tried everything! MAPI32.dll Outlook still won't

tenstrings 19:16 14 Feb 2010

I've tried everything I could find on fixing Outlook. I renamed both mapi32.dll and mapistub.dll
I tried to run fixmapi and I got LoadLibray: GetLastError = 126. I've copied the files from an install from the same disc on a working computer and got rid of the old files. Still nothing. This was caused by the trial office7 That I got rid of and reinstalled 2003. I would uninstall completely and start over, but there are attachments and email addresses I need...CAN'T LOSE!

Is there something I haven't tried i.e. registry? Please help! and, thanks in advance!
Charley

ame 22:11 14 Feb 2010

Can't you backup (copy and paste) your outlook files into My Documents by searching for .pst files? click here I've done it for outlook Express. Then you can uninstall using Revo uninstaller click here which gets rid of all related registry files etc.

tenstrings 22:37 14 Feb 2010

I rarely archived so the only .pst file I could find dated way back. I thought I archive it all when I installed office 7 , but evidentaly not

ame 22:58 14 Feb 2010

I'm not following you. If you still have e-mails and contacts that you don't want to lose, they must be on the pc. If they aren't found by an Explorer search for files with *.pst in the filename, then you can't now have them, can you?

ame 23:07 14 Feb 2010

click here don't know if this is any help as your software is corrupted - perhaps not, but it covers Outlook 2007, and 2003 further down the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017