Trick to get my login details?

castiel333 00:51 30 Oct 2005

Twice yesterday when I went to the login page for ebay a little grey box appeared saying this is a secure site and I needed to enter my login details I didnt I just clicked cancel and the box went and I logged in the normal way Ive been using ebay often for approx ten months and Ive never seen this. There was nothing in the box to say who it was from. I was wondering if this Was a trick to get my login details or am I just being paranoid.

Splork 01:36 30 Oct 2005

Nothing to worry about, it's Doubleclick's advert servers playing up. If you return to Ebay, you usually get a popup, if you right click it you'll see the word .doubleclick. etc in the URL - something must have been broken, lots of people posted on the same subject because the ads here were `broken` the same way.

spuds 12:22 30 Oct 2005

The Doubleclick as been doing strange things on eBay, as Splork as pointed out.If the box 'more info' refers to DART, then eBay are aware of the problem. Just click cancel.Appears that this problem now seems to have disappeared, so it may have been sorted.

castiel333 23:24 31 Oct 2005

Hi Thank you for your replies Im really glad to know it wasnt something sinister after all. I should stop being so suspicious and paranoid about security. I will tick resolved and Thanks again splork and spuds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?