Trendlines in Excel

Enoch 10:38 13 Mar 2006

Help please. I am trying to put a "Trendline" into an Excel chart in Widows XP and the link is white out therefore I am unable to get it to respond. Any advice please

VoG II 13:24 14 Mar 2006

What style of chart is it?

Enoch 15:00 14 Mar 2006

VoG,

It is a "line" chart. It has daily figures and dates

VoG II 15:06 14 Mar 2006

Add Trendline will only be an option if it is a straightforward 2-D line chart. If it is a 3-D or Stacked line chart, Add Trendline will be unavailable (greyed-out).

Enoch 17:29 14 Mar 2006

VoG

As far as I can see it is a 2D chart. It is simply a grid with vertical and horizontal lines in which my figres are at different points, linked together by a single line with no depth. Isn't that a 2D chart as I understand a 3D chart effectively would show my lines with, what effectively is, a shadow.

VoG II 18:18 14 Mar 2006

Please could you either post a screenshot of what you have or paste some of the data here. If it is a 2-D chart you should not have a problem.

Alternatively if the spreadsheet is not confidential you can click the yellow envelope next to my name to send me an e-mail - however I may not pick this up for a while as I'm jet-lagged and have work tomorrow.

Here is an example that works:

click here

and one that doesn't

click here

Enoch 21:29 14 Mar 2006

VoG,
Got everything ready to send to you (it is weight chart regarding diabetes therefor not confidential). I decided to have one more try. I produced a NEW chart on which I inserted average figures as well as the actual figures. I made the line chart, looked on "Trendlines", which now was not greyed out, keyed trendlines and there it was, actual figures, average figures and a trendline all on one chart.

Anyway, I have what I want, but thanks all the same.

Great helproom in PCAdvisor and great people getting involved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?