Trend Micro PC-cillin User views please

BILL WHITE 07:27 21 Jun 2004

The latest issue of PC Advisorrates this security package 'Gold'.

I'm familiar with Norton and McAfee but have never heard of Trend's package. I would appreciate hearing from any users, please( as many as possible!) especially anyone who has bad experiences. I have a Pentium 4 with XP Home.

many thanks

Dumble452 07:56 21 Jun 2004

I've been using this and it is updated regularly, sometimes 2or 3 times in a day. It seems to be very good and has intercepted viruses on a number of occasions before they could infect my PC.

User-312386 08:16 21 Jun 2004

I was using 2003, but did not like it. So i went back to PC-CILLIN 2002.

I have been using the Trend product for over 3 years now and loved it.

I used 2002 until about 2 weeks ago when it refused to update. I was a little miffed and found the error was due to that you had to update your supscription (pay money).

I had never had the above problem before and could not believe that you had to pay monies for a programme I had paid for. I could understand the technical support being withdrawn, but not the updates.

So in my humble opinion and it is only humble, i would not use there products again.

Dumble452 08:31 21 Jun 2004

I first started using PC-cillin (can't remember ther version) because it was provided free with my Internet Bank account. The current version I am using came free with my motherboard software. To date I have not been asked to pay a subscription but I will keep an eye on the situation. I've just had a quick look on the Trend web site and couldn't see anything on there, but I expect it will be hidden in the small print somewhere. I think you have to pay a subscription to Norton as well but I may be wrong about that.

Ugggly 13:17 21 Jun 2004

I too not impressed at having to fork out more cash to continue using PC-cillin services.

See earlier thread click here

Not sure whether to change to another AV company because of this

inneedofhelp 14:48 21 Jun 2004

it came free with my mobo and i have had no probs. Its excellent

woodchip 15:13 21 Jun 2004

They are not Free unless they say so. Do you go to work for Free?

SEASHANTY 16:51 21 Jun 2004

The Ontrack System Suite 5 (now owned by V-com.com)#
uses the Trend anti-virus package and only a couple of days ago it told me an email which came in contained a virus in the attachment. I find it very good. BTW if you do not pay for a new System Suite when published then you lose the frequent antivirus updates. I guess that's fair enough. You are, after all, getting the service and this costs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?