tray clock/date & ie7 help please

tye 09:54 28 Jan 2007

Brand new xp pro comp, but tray clock never exceeds 1 hour & keeps saying date is 1 Jan.'06. Also Just got new ie7, but at the bottom it says "errors on page"w/yellow exclamation mark. I set a restore point before d/l. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. Cheers. -T

Joe R 10:03 28 Jan 2007

tye,

I take it you have double clicked on the tray clock and changed the time, date & region settings.?

birdface 10:10 28 Jan 2007

Have you been into controll panel ,Date and time,And changed it, Mind and set it to greenwich mean time [,Dublin Edinburgh. London. ]

birdface 10:14 28 Jan 2007

Sorry, Same thing, Did not know you could do it that way,

Sharpamatt 10:32 28 Jan 2007

when you go into the Clock on the tray as well as setting the time zone you will also see that you can highligh a link to automatically time servers

For the problem with IE7 check Microsofts update pages

tye 10:32 28 Jan 2007

& it still says same at next reboot. Thanks. Any advice on ie7 'error on page' message? -T

birdface 14:48 28 Jan 2007

If its a brand new computer the battery should be ok,If you have set it to proper date+time +month+year+greenwich mean time uk,ticked the button at the bottom of time zone I cant understand why it does not work,Have you downloaded all the Microsoft up-dates that Sharpamatt suggested.

Sharpamatt 16:48 28 Jan 2007

this sounds as buteman say like a battery however new the system is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone