Tray App disc being asked for.

cowgirl66 18:07 25 Mar 2009

Hi, every time I start up my computer, I am being asked by Windows Installer to insert the CD Rom for some application, the CD being Tray App, whatever that is. I am constantly clicking on the windows until eventually they stop appearing, and I have noticed that my HP Digital Imaging Monitor doens't apear in the task bar until the Tray App window stops appearing.

I don't know how to stop this, or where I can get the Tray App and load it again. (That's if it's what I have to do.)

Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me mad and it's never happened before.

mfletch 18:10 25 Mar 2009

There is leftover program files from a download you can use this to remove them

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

click here

cowgirl66 18:19 25 Mar 2009

I am not sure how to proceed with this Utility?

mfletch 18:37 25 Mar 2009

Click on the download and save it to your desktop or anywhere else you usually download to

Then double click and run it,

Now there will be a new program in your all programs called Window installed clean up

Double click on it and a window will open with all the downloads you have done using the windows downloader

Find the entry that is asking for the CD to install it and remove it from the list

What is it asking you to install when you get this message

I am being asked by Windows Installer to insert the CD Rom for some application

That is the program application that you want to remove

What is it please

MAT ALAN 18:42 25 Mar 2009

you have a startup item that's problematic or looking for a dead link.
open msconfig.exe and try to narrow down which startup item may be responsible for it..

which is what you would normally do but in your case i would just go with the monitor issue, updating drivers for it should work...

Cav1 00:14 20 Sep 2009

I have had the same problem and I inserted my HP printer disc, and it goes away, so it seems to be something connected to your printer. seems the easy way to fix it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?