Transferring from "My Documents"

  User-178362 23:38 19 Oct 2006

I have pictures in My Documents folder and would like to transfer them into "My Pictures" folder. Could you please tell me how to do this. Also how can I find out if I still have pictures waiting on my Clipboard.

  Tim1964 23:49 19 Oct 2006

Select the files so that they are highlighted (blue), select 'cut' and then 'paste' them or 'drag and drop' them to the folder you want.

Rather than installing a clipboard viewer program you can open up word or works, depending on what you have, right click on the new sheet and if PASTE is available in thr pop up menu then something is on the clipboard.

  User-178362 00:09 20 Oct 2006

The result is still the same as I have been getting in "My Pictures" folder. A document with the picture inside the doc. I would like just the picture its self.

  Jackcoms 11:21 20 Oct 2006

As Tim1964 says, highlight the picture or pictures and at the left-hand side, under 'Files and Folder Tasks', click on 'Move this File (or 'Move the Selected Items').

Then when the 'Move Items' dialogue box pops up, navigate to 'My Pictures', click on it and click 'Move'.

  terryf 11:42 20 Oct 2006

If you open up word or works or notepad and click paste and the picture appears, it is still in the clipboard waiting which is what you asked, if the picture or pictures do not appear, they have gone from your clipboard

  Technotiger 16:46 20 Oct 2006

1....Open My Documents folder, and then make it a bit smaller by holding mouse over bottom right-hand corner and dragging inwards.

2....Open My Pictures folder and make smaller too.

Now place folder windows so that you can see both on your desktop.

Now drag&drop pictures from one folder to the other.

Cheers ... :-))

  Diemmess 17:53 20 Oct 2006

Never mind which folder the file is saved in, if the picture is in a Word .doc then there's not a lot more you can do with it except copy the picture only, somewhere else but still as a Word.doc
If you have a picture handling program even Windows Paintbrush. you may be able to paste a copy into a new file and save it as a bitmap.

The original source of the picture is what you need most and from previous posts you must have quite a lot stored.
They will not have a subscript like .doc, more likely .jpg
It is the format of the file that matters not where they are stored.

  User-178362 18:56 20 Oct 2006

Sounds as if its not possible. I thought I would see if it was. Thank you everyone.

  wee eddie 17:33 23 Oct 2006

What Diemmess has suggested may be the solution to your problem.

What type of document is the picture filed in?

Is it's file name xxxx.doc .jpg .gif .tft or what? With that knowledge we may be able to recover the pictures.

  audiorob13 21:23 25 Oct 2006

You can open both the my docs amd my pics folder by opening through my computer. Then right click in the bottom taskbar (left of the clock) and select tile windows vertically (or horizontally as you please) you can then simply drag/drop the files from one to another. It would be well to create folders within my pics so you can sort the photos as you go along.
If the photos appear as documents, then open the original document, right click the picture, choose copy, then paste into the my pics folder.
Hope this helps.

  terryf 21:52 25 Oct 2006

It may help if you go in windows explorer to tools>folder options>view and scroll down in advanced settings until you see a line that says 'Hide extensions for known file types', click on the box to 'untick' it. Click on OK and now you will be able to tell which files are nameoffile.jpg or nameoffile.gif or nameoffile.doc , doc files are Word files, jpg and gif are pictures. To find out what program a file will be opened by, double click on the file name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?