Transferring Images to DVD/CD

Mark-293923 12:04 10 Nov 2007

Can anyone recommend some software for transferring images or data from PC to DVD/CD, As a back up and to play on any compatible DVD player.

Thanks...

Totally-braindead 12:26 10 Nov 2007

Just burn them as DATA and most DVD players will read them. I use Nero 6 personally and it works fine I'm not 100% sure if XPs own built in burner works as well but it would only take a disk to find out.
By the way XPs burner only does CDs it won't do DVDs and I haven't backed up pics onto DVDs prefering CDs so am not sure if DVDs work as well.
But I'm sure someone on the forum will know.

Deepburner,if you opt for dvd,also does cds
click here

Mark-293923 12:34 10 Nov 2007

Thanks for the reply. I'd preffer to brun to DVD as they hold more data.

Mark-293923 12:39 10 Nov 2007

Thanks Raven, Looks ok. Is it Totally free or limited functions for trial? Anymore suggestions?

Totally-braindead 12:45 10 Nov 2007

Deepburner is completely free. There are a couple of other free ones as well but I haven't used any of them as I prefer my Nero. Better the devil you know sort of thing.

It will do as you requested,
these are the features
click here
also
click here

Mark-293923 12:53 10 Nov 2007

Thankyou Raven & Totally-Braindead for all the info. What are Nero's features?
Sorry I could search on the web and find out my self, however feeling a bit lazy today!

March Hare 13:06 10 Nov 2007

Bookmarked

Totally-braindead 13:31 10 Nov 2007

Nero will burn virtually anything, what it will not do is burn copyright material such as copy movies etc.
I use Nero 6 simply because when Nero 7 came out there were a lot of problems. These problems might be sorted I don't know I'm happy with Nero 6. Nero 8 is out now I believe and I have no idea how well that works but have no interest in upgrading anyway.

I would suggest you just try the program Raven gave you a link to and see if you like it and if it does what you want. If you're not happy with it then look elsewhere.

Mark-293923 13:34 10 Nov 2007

Thanks for your help, I'll do that,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?