Transferring/ Copying data to email body?

spuds 12:27 09 Mar 2011

Apologies for what is no doubt a simple answer, but my grey matters doesn't seem to be working of late?.

I have an email which is requesting certain data information via run-cmd in windows. The other party wants me to copy/ transfer the information supplied, then post it into the body of their email, so that they can investigate further the report data that I am receiving.

I have tried to send the data, but have had a 'non-arrival' response, so it is very likely that I have made a right blunder.

Can you provide clear instructions or a link, which explains the correct procedures for transferring the data (copy) via run-cmd to the body of the email, so that the information can be sent to the originator of the email.

As usual, any help is appreciated.

gengiscant 12:55 09 Mar 2011

Is this any help?click here

spuds 13:17 09 Mar 2011

Thanks for that, very much appreciated.

Looks nearly similar to the procedure that I tried before, but the sender of the previous request, stated that they had not received anything from me?.

There appears to be a slight difference on the command prompt and now 'Mark'. Previously it seemed to be 'edit' then copy' ?.

I will follow this links to the word, and see what happens next?.

wiz-king 14:21 09 Mar 2011

If it all fits on the screen without having to scrol the a 'print screen' then paste into your email should work.

spuds 17:02 09 Mar 2011

It doesn't appear to work that way, its a small DOS box?.

spuds 19:57 09 Mar 2011

I have tried the method in gengiscant link, but I do not seem to able to get it to work.

Anyone else with another suggestion, method or link?.

johnnyrocker 21:13 09 Mar 2011

cut and paste?

johnny

lotvic 00:44 10 Mar 2011

1. Right click the title bar of the "Command Prompt" window. Point to "Edit" and then click "Select All"
Area selected will be white with black text

2. Right click again the title bar of the "Command Prompt" window. Point to "Edit" and then click "Copy"

3. Open your Email program and Create New Message (or reply to the IT email) then rightclick and paste

spuds 09:21 10 Mar 2011

johnnyrocker-- I tried that initially, but it didn't seem to want to work. Could have been me though?.

lotvic-- That seems very similar to instructions in an XP instructional book I have, and I tried yesterday. I think my problem was with 'create new message'. So I will give it another try.

Thanks again everyone.

spuds 15:51 10 Mar 2011

The message as now been sent, so hopefully the people requiring the information have now received it?.

Thanks again everyone. Will now tick this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone