Transferring from camcorder to DVD

kevin1967 09:48 16 Nov 2005

I have a digital camcorder and a DVD R/W. I should be able to make DVD's from my DV tapes. However, what I ended up with was a pixelated DVD with no sound. The problem isn't with the DVD burn as I have copied DVD's (for back-up purposes) with no problems.

Is it because I used a USB connection as I was too tight to buy a firewire cable? My PC and my camcorder both have firewire connections. How much is a firewire cable? Does quality vary? I don't mind paying more if it's worth it.

What about the sound? Did I make an error on the "capture" screen? I used Ulead video studio 7, which is the software that came with the (not cheap) camcorder.

Many thanks,

kevin.

MichelleC 10:30 16 Nov 2005

You do need a proper fw cable. Plus most dropped frame probs are due to background progs being on. It s best to turn off firewall, av and any others not essential.

fazer 12:26 16 Nov 2005

MichelleC is right - you need to get yourself a firewire cable.

Two words of caution:Ensure you get the correct configured cable as camera's do differ in respect of their socket, and just as important, buy the shortest length you need.

badgery 14:57 16 Nov 2005

have a look here - they are v helpful.
click here

phono 15:02 16 Nov 2005

I'm with you on this one, a great company to deal with and very quick to respond to queries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017