Transferring Bookmarks and Email addresses

bloodnock 03:10 31 Dec 2006

Hi, Im going to change from Bt Yahoo Broadband to Pipex as my Internet Provider but i would like to save all my bookmarks and email addresses for myself, my Wife and My Kids (3 sub Accounts)Is there a Simple way to do so as I guess one minute My Email Address will be [email protected] and instantly after the switch over it'll Be [email protected] or some such like...Now its Bad enough losing all my Saved Emails in these accounts (or can i save all my Emails? ) but to lose all my friends email addresses would be Terrible and to lose all our Favourite Bookmarks a Huge Inconvenience, Please Advise if theres a Simple way to save these Precious Items...Thank you.

ashdav 03:30 31 Dec 2006

What programs do you use for surfing (bookmarks) and email (addresses) ?

bloodnock 03:49 31 Dec 2006

I use Internet Explorer 7 as a base for browsing and bt yahoo broadband for my mail....that any help?

bloodnock 03:50 31 Dec 2006

oh........and im on windows XP home Edition

beeuuem 03:58 31 Dec 2006

I'm assuming that you are using the web based service and have not used Outlook/Outlook Express for your mail.
Open your mail page and open the Addresses page. At the top right of the page is the import/export option. When the page opens choose to export as Yahoo csv. Save the file on your computer where you can find it again on your computer and repeat for all the accounts. This will save all the addresses in a usable format which can be imported to Outlook/Outlook Express.

For your mail all that I can see that you can do is open and forward each one to your new address.

Your favourites will not be affected, they are stored on your computer.

Personally, I prefer to use Outlook/Express for my mail and addresses as these are then on my computer and can't be lost if I change ISP or the account is closed.

ashdav 04:04 31 Dec 2006

IE7 will work exactly the same irrespective of your ISP.
It only uses their connection and all your bookmarks (a Firefox term?) are stored on your computer.
If you are to use another email client (other than bt yahoo) then I'm afraid you need to manually copy them.
I would recommend you use a separate program such as Outlook or Thunderbird so that you only need to change the connection details if you change ISP in the future.

ashdav 04:05 31 Dec 2006

Sorry. Follow beeuuems advice re. yahoo email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone