Transfering VHS Video Tapes Onto VCD

paintbrush 22:45 28 Feb 2003

I have a Panasonic Video recorder which records VHS analogue tapes. I would like to transfer them onto VCD. Can anyone tell me in very plain English (as I am only a housewife) how I can do this, and what equipment I need to buy.I have the burner by the way its the ability to get the video tapes onto my computer that I need help with.

kuhbler 01:14 01 Mar 2003

You need a graphics card or TV card that will allow an analogue signal. Most of the ATI All in Wonder cards have the ports you need built in. Personally I have a little dongle thing that attaches into the S-Video port of my G4 Ti4600.

You will need a half decent video editing program. I use Videostudio 6 at the moment, which is really easy to use and has pretty good MPEG1+2 codecs.

At the moment I use a analogue cable running from the Video port on the VHS to the computer and I can get a good signal in that way. I have the two audio L/R ports hooked up to my Line In port on my soundcard.

Being a British video it may not have these ports, but you should be able to find a SCART cable that will allow you to plug into a graphics card.

It's actually really easy to do, just takes some explaining. If you need any further help, then please feel free to email me.

Kyomii 01:28 01 Mar 2003

For more help too, you can visit click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017