Transfering Photos from c to k external drive??

joostin 23:15 13 Dec 2007

Hi guys.I have a cannon camera and Zoombrowser x program on c drive.Now i have hundreds of phots and want to store them on external hard drive in my case "K"drive to free up c drive and after my lightening nightmare ((previous post) think it maybe safer in the long run.
I have tried to change the program target to K on properties but it wont have it.
How can i move existing photos and future straight onto exrternal drive k please.
Bulley points step by step if possible as im a bit dim lol
Justin

Technotiger 23:23 13 Dec 2007

Open both drives onto the desktop, re-size them so that you can see both drives, with contents.

Assuming the pics are in a Folder, drag & drop the folder across from one drive to the other.

Technotiger 23:24 13 Dec 2007

Forgot to mention - this will Copy the folder/pics to the other drive - you can then delete them from original drive to clear some room.

Graham. 23:28 13 Dec 2007

I think drag and drop is exactly that, they will no longer be on the original drive.

lotvic 23:44 13 Dec 2007

according to the User Manual (chapter 1 Downloading Images to a Computer) you have to specify/choose a destination folder on the pc to download the pics to from the camera

are you not getting this choice?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?