Transfering Music

ponytail 08:12 13 Jun 2010

My wife is going on walking holiday in August and wants to take her MP3 player with her.Is it possible to copy some of her CD'S onto her MP3 player via the computer using the CD drive.

ICF 08:45 13 Jun 2010

Yes very easy with this program click here
It's a limited time trial but there are many others that are free just google

john bunyan 08:46 13 Jun 2010

Yes. I use iTunes (free) It is really designed for an iPOd but would do the conversion well. There are other programmes - what Operating system do you have? (Xp, W7 etc). Others may tell you about Windows Media Player etc.

ponytail 08:56 13 Jun 2010

Hi John Bunyan
I use windows XP

ponytail 08:57 13 Jun 2010

Hi ICF
To google it what would you suggest I search for.

ICF 09:01 13 Jun 2010

CD rippers

ponytail 09:10 13 Jun 2010

Hi Again John Bunyan
As I have never used itunes

ponytail 09:12 13 Jun 2010

Hi again John Bunyan
As I had never used itunes before I have now installed it now what is the procedure to copy music from CD to MP3 Player/Ipod.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:30 13 Jun 2010

Rip CDs with Itunes click here

Transferring is easy. Click Start > My Computer > explorer menu click Tools > Folder Options then click the “View” tab. Make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected. Find iTunes folder > Music folder, then make a copy of the music you want to transfer. Connect your non-iPod playr to computer via USB cable, it will show as a HDD icon, open it, drag-and-drop the copy files to right folder, then you save and play iTunes music on your non-iPod mp3 player.

ponytail 09:54 13 Jun 2010

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\
I have got as far as Show hidden files and folders which has the cicle filled in which I presume means it has been selected how do I then find iTunes folder,music folder.

lotvic 10:07 13 Jun 2010

Find iTunes folder >

It tells you on the walkthrough page that Fruit Bat /\0/\ gave link

My Documents / My Music / iTunes / iTunes Music / Artist / Album. Here's what I mean: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?