transfering files to iphone from laptop

pete h 18:19 24 Jun 2014

hya and hopefully one of you bright people will be able to help me. my laptop cannot download itunes and i am after transferring some short videos and photos from my laptop to my is there any other way of doing this?

pete

Woolwell 20:36 24 Jun 2014

Connect by USB and you should get the pop up window giving options to transfer etc. Open files as you would an external device and you should be able to transfer photos. Under Computer it should show up as a portable device. OS?

SimonTobler 18:46 25 Jun 2014

Hi Pete,

There are many other opinions to transfer files on your iPhone. If you want to transfer files via USB, you would have to Jailbreak your iPhone. I don't recommend this to you in this case.

There is some Freeware available, for example the iDevice Manager (iPhone Explorer), but you won't be able to use the files after transferring it on your iPhone.

In my opinion, the best thing you could do is uploading your videos and photos to a cloud service, like Dropbox. There is an app available in the AppStore (Dropbox) to download id afterwards on your iPhone.

I hope I could give you a good advice.

Greez Simon

Woolwell 19:31 25 Jun 2014

SimonTobler - You don't have to jailbreak to transfer photos. It works on mu non-jailbroken iPhone 5. However Dropbox also works.

highside 10:27 30 Jun 2014

Free WiFi Transfer an app that does exactly what it says. Connect one or more devices to WiFi open the app on whatever devices, press send to or receive from, select photos and by magic they transfer, no iTunes need. May seem awkward to use the first time but following the instructions to the letter works. I just transferred 100 photos from laptop to iPad in a few minutes and always use it to take images from iPhone to PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone